Presented by Aldi, Inc., Merchants Bank, and Millersberg Construction
Runners: Thank you for your patience as we verify the race results. Winners for the overall and age brackets will be contacted this week. Check out the Northfield Historical Society’s Facebook page for photos from the race taken by Heriberto Rosas. Thank you for participating!!
History of the Run
The Outlaw Run was formerly named the DJJD 5K/15K and was managed by Northfield Shares. Historically it took place Sunday of the Defeat of Jesse James Days celebration weekend. Northfield Historical Society became the new organizer of the run in 2020.
Why the Outlaw Run?
The James-Younger Gang robbed the First National Bank of Northfield on September 7, 1876. Two Northfield men were killed. Townspeople fought the gang and ran them out of town. A posse was formed and for two weeks after the robbery, the gang was pursued. Gang members were finally apprehended in Madelia, MN. The name of our run, the Outlaw Run, does not seek to glorify the outlaws but to remember the men who chased after the robbers when the outlaws ran from Northfield.
In-Person September 11 Virtual September 1 Through 10
Racing in 2022
Northfield Historical Society is holding a LIVE, in-person run in 2022 as well as a virtual run. The live run will be held September 11 while the virtual run will be held from September 1 through 10.
Choose any time between September 1 and 10 to complete your race. The 5K is 3.1 miles. The 15K is 9.3 miles. You can complete your race anywhere you choose – there is no set course. You can also complete your race any way you choose – running, walking, with your dog, pushing a stroller, on a treadmill, or on an elliptical machine. You can complete the race on your own or bring together your friends and walk in a group. It’s all up to you!
We need volunteers for the Outlaw Run!
Race Bib Pickup Traffic Flagger Registration Morning Announcer Finish Line Set Up
To Volunteer: Click Here
Or contact the museum (507) 645-9268
August 31 is the final day to register at the $30 entry fee price. September 1 the price will go up to $35.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- August 31 – Final day to enter at the $30 entry fee price.
- September 1 – Price for the LIVE run goes up to $35.
GENERAL QUESTIONS/ INFORMATION
- Prizes or awards are offered in the following categories during the LIVE run – males and females of the 5K and 15K:
- Fastest overall runner
- 18 and under
- 19 to 30
- 31 to 45
- 46 to 55
- 56 to 65
- 66 and over
- Will past race T-shirts/ swag be available for purchase? Limited sizes of the 2019 long-sleeved shirt will be available for purchase on race day for $5. Past swag bags will be available for purchase as well for $5. There are no remaining T-shirts or medals from the 2020 or 2021 run available.
- When can I pick up my race T-shirt? Shirts will be ready by September 8.
- Where can I pick up my race T-shirt and bib? September 8, 9, and 10 preregistration will take place on Bridge Square in the Northfield Historical Society tent (408 Division St. S. Northfield.) Registration the day of the race is at Benson and Langehough Funeral Home (201 E. 4th, Northfield.)
- When can I pick up my race T-shirt? Shirts will be ready by September 13.
- Where can I pick up my race T-shirt? The shirts will be available at the Northfield Historical Society, 408 Division St. S. Northfield.
- When will my race T-shirt be mailed out? Shirts are expected to be ready to mail out by September 20.