The Northfield School Museum is dedicated to preserving the history of the old Northfield Middle School building at 301 Union Street. This building opened its doors in 1911 as the Northfield Central High School. An auditorium wing was added in 1937 followed by an east wing/gymnasium in 1954. In 1966 it became the Northfield Junior High School and then Northfield Middle School in 1982. With the construction of the new Middle School the last classes were held in the old school in 2004. The School Museum is exhibited in the Northfield Middle School at 2200 Division Street South.
The museum is a continual work in progress. Donations of artifacts or funds are needed to expand and maintain the museum. Donations enable museum curators to give a more complete and comprehensive history of the school building. Any items related to the old Middle and High School are needed.
Donations may be made to:
Northfield Historical Society
408 Division Street
Northfield, MN 55057