Bank Site

Built by merchant Hiram Scriver in 1868 on one of the town’s most prominent corners, the Scriver Building has housed many businesses. Scriver’s own store and the First National Bank were early occupants. Other businesses have been the Jesse James Cafe and a barbershop.

In 1975, the Northfield Historical Society purchased the building to use it as a museum and restored the First National Bank to its 1876 appearance.