For the protection and preservation of the donated item, as well as those already in the collection,
- It be free from dust and dirt, and clean as possible.
- Textiles must be washed, if possible (not starched); items not washable must be recently dry cleaned. Woolen items must arrive at the museum dry cleaned.
- The physical condition of the items should not endanger any other items in thecollections or create a safety hazard such as combustible or toxic materials.
- The physical condition of the item must be sufficiently sound that conservation is feasible or has the potential to be restored to a sound condition.
- The Society must have the resources to properly store, protect and preserve the proposed acquisition. Special conditions or care for maintenance of the item must be identified.
- Missing and/or replacement parts should be identified on Gift Agreement form.
Back to Acquisitions Policy Page.