2023 OUTLAW RUN 5K/15K PRESENTED BY NORTHFIELD HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Presented by Northfield Historical Society
FOR 2023 OUTLAW RUN 5K/15K RESULTS, VISIT:
History of the Run
The Outlaw Run was formerly named the DJJD 5K/15K and was managed by Northfield Shares. Historically it took place Sunday of the Defeat of Jesse James Days celebration weekend. Northfield Historical Society became the new organizer of the run in 2020.
Why the Outlaw Run?
The James-Younger Gang robbed the First National Bank of Northfield on September 7, 1876. Two Northfield men were killed. Townspeople fought the gang and ran them out of town. A posse was formed and for two weeks after the robbery, the gang was pursued. Gang members were finally apprehended in Madelia, MN. The name of our run, the Outlaw Run, does not seek to glorify the outlaws but to remember the men who chased after the robbers when the outlaws ran from Northfield.
Why support Northfield Historical Society’s annual fundraiser, Outlaw Run?
The Northfield Historical Society is a 501(c)3 organization serving both local families and school children as well as visitors from across the globe. The museum provides our community with a place to reflect on its history. It provides a location for the safekeeping of items, images, and stories that will allow future generations to connect with their roots. It offers a sense of place for our present and it plays a critical role in preserving our shared experiences as we look to the future. Funds raised from the Outlaw Run will support educational programming, building preservation, care of collections, and general operating expenses.
2023 Outlaw Run 5K/15K Sponsors
DATES TO REMEMBER
- July 31 – Final day to enter at the $25 entry fee price.
- August 30 – Final day to enter at the $30 entry fee price.
- September 1 – Price goes up to $35.
GENERAL QUESTIONS/ INFORMATION
- Prizes or awards are offered in the following categories during the LIVE run – males and females of the 5K and 15K:
- Fastest overall runner
- 18 and under
- 19 to 30
- 31 to 45
- 46 to 55
- 56 to 65
- 66 and over
- When can I pick up my race T-shirt? Shirts will be ready by September 7.
- Where can I pick up my race T-shirt and bib? September 7, 8, and 9 preregistration will take place on Bridge Square in the Northfield Historical Society tent (408 Division St. S. Northfield.) Registration the day of the race is at Benson and Langehough Funeral Home (201 E. 4th, Northfield.)